Thursday, March 24, 2005

Can I shine?

What's the matter with your life?
Why you gotta mess with mine?
Don't keep sweatin' what I do
Cuz I'm gonna be just fine - check it out
[CHORUS]
If I wanna take a guy home with me tonight
It's none of your business
And she wanna be a freak and sell it on the weekend
It's none of your business
Now you shouldn't even get into
who I'm givin' skins to
It's none of your business
So don't try to change my mind,
I'll tell you one more time
It's none of your business
Now who do you think you are
Puttin' your cheap two cents in?
Don't you got nothin' to do
Than worry 'bout my friends? Check it...
I can't do nothin', girl, without somebody buggin'
I used to think that it was me, but now I see it wasn't
They told me to change, they called me names,
and so I popped one
Opinion's are like assholes and everybody's got one
I never put my nose where I'm not supposed to
Believe me, if he's something that I want, I'm steppin' closer
I'm not one for playing high-pole
Like the high siddity 90210 type of the ho
I treat a man like he treats me
The difference between a hooker and a ho ain't nothin' but a fee
So hold your tongue tightly,
wish you could be like me
You're poppin' all that mess only to stress and to spite me
Now you can get with that or you can get with this
But I don't give a shit cuz really it's none of your business
-Salt N Pepa


Damn! Can my people and I have fun? Can folks speak their minds without bystanders getting their panties in a bunch? Don't like the program? Change the channel.

Okay, venting over. Go back to your lives citizens.

Addendum - Please allow me to credit Danja for posting this song first...though GOD only knows why. I mean I don't think she wrote it. colored folks . . .I tell ya. She also has this thing with folks using "her" words . . . as though her name is Webster's or something. Ah well. I love her funky self anyway.

No comments: