Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Beautiful

"And even though the birds ain't singin'
And the sun ain't shinin'
It looks like a beautiful mornin'!"
- Little Brother


I play this track every morning. I play it because it's something that I want to believe. I want to believe that though I feel more alone than I've ever felt in my life, there is beauty in the fact that I can get up every day and try again. I started and stopped five blog posts because I want my words to affirm this belief. Yes, I'm taking the Jesse Jackson approach ("If I can believe it, I can acheive it") with this one. No, I'm not going soft. I just feel like my occasionally caustic nature was becoming a little too predominate. I'm sure that in a day or two, the tongue will be blazing again. It's just that for now, I felt the need to calm the sea a bit.

No comments: