Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Nothing to see here people

I have been MAD busy at work, which really sucks. Evidently someone decided that the whole paying me to sit at work and look pretty thing wasn't very cost effective, so they have been giving me real work...regularly. I'm coping with it, but I think they could have given me some sort of warning. I now sit next to the most cheerful person in the world. . . and I must end her. I mean, she's a real "Happy Monday" type brawd. Happy Monday? I sometimes have to combat the urge to offer her a heaping helping of shut the fuck up. But note I said SOMEtimes. I'm getting better.

I had out of town guests this weekend. I'm really getting the hang of this hostess thing. I'm breaking out of this antisocial rut I've been caught up in FOREVER. I guess this will help this place feel like home or something. I'm going to my first concert in DC. I'm sort of broadening my horizons and checking out this group called Fort Minor. However, Little Brother will also be there, so I'm looking forward to that.

When did the letter h become a vowel? I could scream every time I hear the term "an historic" - a term I have been hearing quite often lately. Did I miss that memo. I know that when the h is silent, then it will have a vowel sound, as in "an hour". Outside of that, using "an" just sounds stupid. Just thought I needed to share that.

I just watched an episode of House where a woman damn near killed herself rather than communicate with her husband. Freaky.

The other night, outside of a strip club (don't ask), I witnessed real life pimping. Some random dude in Urkel pants and MC Hammer glasses was driving one of his girls, evidently from place to place, so that she could find a pole to swing from. She walked into the establishment then immediately walked out. Slickback's response to her was "Ay...ay bitch." I'm sure on paper these words mean absolutely nothing. However, to hear them spoken aloud, in real life and in all seriousness - PRICELESS.

Am I the only one that got WAY too excited to see the MacGuyver commercial during the Superbowl? Ah the memories of youth. I

2 comments:

BLESSD1 said...

LMAO @ "...and I must end her." For real, Breezy, you are one of the funniest people I have EVER met (and sexiest too). Do us both a favor, and take all of your ass to Hollywood!

Excelsior

bint alshamsa said...

See that "an" preceding h-words, bullshit? That's why we are friends. We must be like the only two people in the world who aren't English teachers who would be bothered by that type of stuff. I've seen people doing it too. It's cool if you're British because I recognize that they pronounce the letter "h" as a vowel a lot more than we do but I suspect that a lot of people do it simply because they heard someone else do it and thought it sounded jazzy.

Thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only geek in the world today.

P.S. You should have started practicing Kegels when that girl sat next to you on the bus. That would have scared her off for sure!