Wednesday, October 26, 2005

This could be home

Last week was tough. I mean really tough. I mean had to let go of some serious tears tough. I was still sort of on a high my first week here, but reality set in that second week. Everything that I shed a tear or two for since August 28, I outright bawled about last week. I still miss everyone, and I still can't wait to get my wonderful babies up here. But I can see myself living here.

I'm just beginning to make contact with the other people that I know in the area. I know I really feel at home because I took an actually sit down and relax bath rather than just a shower. (It's a "thing" I have. If I don't feel comfy, it's all showers.) I'm in the process of picking out a sofa and I'm planning on cooking a big dinner this weekend.

I can live here. Even though it's cold, I look forward to huddling in my house and whipping up a batch of homemade soup. I'm sort of wound up about seeing my kids play in the snow. I look forward to my family coming to visit me.

Yesterday my very good friend told me that she was proud of me and that means so much to me. I'm sure I'm going to make it.

No comments: