Monday, January 30, 2006

Spill the beans

Today I have no serious commentary (or gripes, surprise!) , so I want to get in other people's heads today. On a first date, what is a surefire thing a person can do to pull you into them? On the flip side, what is it that would make you run screaming for the hills? Since it's my bright idea, I'll start it off:

I love a true conversationalist. Someone that can really express himself and at the same time, genuinely pay attention to the things I say will really grab my attention. Particularly if it is a topic that one, or both of us, feel strongly about.

The yakkity yak about how sexually gifted he is or the ex-girlfriends that are still strung out on him (or that he is still obviously strung out on) is soooo 80's. Tales of good dick and broken hearts are not examples of putting the best foot forward.

So what are you deal breakers/makers?

1 comment:

bint alshamsa said...

what is a surefire thing a person can do to pull you into them?

Show some passion and be very opinionated. I hate it when I ask someone what they think and when I disagree with them, they simply back away from their own view. I love people who stand for something. If you think that the Hawaiian Hoary Bat is the most beautiful animal on the face of the earth, then don't change your mind just 'cause of what I might think because if you do, I will probably have a hard time respecting you afterwards.

You get an extra bonus for having traveled outside of the USA, speaking more than two languages, or being familiar with the works of at least one Persian poet.

what is it that would make you run screaming for the hills?

If you tell me that you current job is being an aspiring rapper or a wannabe movie star, I will start dialing the number to the taxicab before you even finish your next sentence. My life is too complicated to be taking care of someone with those kinds of dreams. To each his own but that just ain't for me.