Wednesday, November 23, 2005

*Snore*

"Cornbread...ain't nuttin' wrong with dat."
-Chris Rock "No Sex in the Champagne Room"

I'm tired as a mofo. I know as progressive black folks, we're not supposed to give in to stereotypes, but hell with it. I'VE GOT THE 'ITIS. For those of you that don't know (more likely than not, white folks) "'itis" is a deriviative of the term "negroitis" which describes the condition of black folks following a delicious meal. One might argue that white folks experience this as well, but...well...who cares?

No joke, despite my ladylike appearance, I had to stop myself from pulling an Al Bundy at my desk. Who knew chicken, collard greens (even without the pork) and work just DON'T mix? Despite the fact that I'm going home early, I have a billion things to take care of so that I can relax and enjoy my vacation.

No comments: