Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Oh my god! All this for me?! I must be on my job!"

When I was younger, my parents taught me the reward for hard work: more hard work. It goes without saying, that made no sense to my seven-year-old self. Wasn't the reward for hard work an extra 30 minutes of "Asteroids?" Dave, my district supervisor on my first job outside of the home (I have been generating income since I was six), had the saying, "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean." More recently, while in conference with the Harlemite Bon Vivant, he waxed philosophical about sharks known as "obligate ram ventilators," that are unable to survive if they are not in constant motion.

The past couple of days, I've made sure to have my scheduled packed with, well, stuff. Guess what? Day two of singing in the shower. My dance card is full until mid-October. In addition to that, if all goes according to plan, Spring Break is going to be off the chain. My high school reunion is in May. I, of course, plan on being there and FABULOUS! I also have fam having a destination wedding next July, so a trip to Cancun is a distinct probability.

This have been tough, but what a difference a day makes...or rather, a couple of days, but let's not split hairs!

P.S. Guess who lost two pounds? That's right, bitches!

1 comment:

BLESSD1 said...

Man...it sounds like you have some awesome shiite in the works, Breez. Good stuff