Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Story of a Champion

His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
- Dilios "300"

I came to the realization that my failures - my shortcomings - are burdensome. Not only can I not glimpse light at the end of the tunnel, but I find myself struggling to make out my own feet in the darkness. In my heart, I know this is temporary. That knowledge just seems to be buried so deeply beneath a whole bunch of other caca.

Small disappointments can be distractions from the big picture, and when you look up, not only are you unaware of where you are, but you feel as though you can't even make it back to square one (abandoning all hopes of picking up where you left off).

My life is Sparta. Every step must be measured; every move, disciplined. So I don't have time to think hopelessly. I won't have time to pause. I won't have time to lament. Truth be told, I won't have time to cry. Because every second of my life from this point forward has to go as follows: stick, move, grind, repeat. It has to be that way until I get there. Presently, I don't know where there is, so that simply means that I have to keep moving until I figure it out.

Everytime someone took a shot at my title, I stood strong. There's no need to change that now.

Watch me.


1 comment:

BLESSD1 said...

I'm watching, homey...and I have your back. Bring on Xerxes and all his armies...we can take em. ;-)