Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Men that don't bother me

Yes smarty pants, such things exist. I have spent a lot of my blog time talking about men that bother me, yet I don't speak much about men that don't. So in all fairness, I will list some male non family members that don't bother me. I'll go so far as to say, I actually like these dudes.

1. My friend JC

He's a wonderful pain in the ass. Some days I have a crush on him, some days I want to drive to his town and let the air out of his tires. However, he's great. I can count on him when I want honesty and the occasional twisted compliment. He gives me advice like "Stop reading so much and have some sex dammit!" I tend to find it funny (except when I have the occasional crush on him). He's one of those cats that knows something about a little bit of everything, which is a handy trait most of the time.

2. My friend MW

He's my sweetie pie!!! We have been friends for a long time. If I wasn't such a bitch and he wasn't such a wuss, we probably would have dated at some point. But alas, the bitchiness and wussiness triumphed, so we're just good friends. We bonded through our eclectic personalities and copious knowledge of useless facts. We can always find something to laugh and talk about. He's a horndog, and sometimes I think he wants my booty, but nobody's perfect and his good points outweigh whatever else he has going on.

3. My friend RF

I have a confession. I am the tiniest bit crazy about him. He's funny, encouraging, extremely intelligent, cute. . . *sigh, swoon* I could go on. The oddest thing is, as honest as I have been with every other guy that I've been interested in, I've never told him that I have a major league crush on him. It doesn't matter, because he moved away to Chicago to go to school and is mad busy. I still get bright eyed when I hear from him though. Dammit! I can't post too much about him because I'll end up sounding all mushy and high school-ish.

4. My friend NG

He's really and truly a cutie. I used to have a crush on him and he kissed me once. Shortly afterward, he said that we should "just be friends." I spent a while wanting to punch him in the nose. Then I just got over it one day and we were buds again. He's really cool to talk to and cool to hang around. No harm, no foul. He also has more paid leave on his job than I thought humanly possible. HE AIN'T GOT NO JOB MANNNNNN! Hee hee.

5. My friend LS

He's probably my best male friend. He sucks because now that he has a girlfriend, I hardly ever hear from him, but he's good folk anyway. If I need something, he's on the spot without a thought. So I GUESS I can deal with him having to spend time with his girl. Even if he don't get no bigga. . .

6. My friend AM

He is the quintessential gentleman and sweetie pie. I had to actually come back and add him to this post. I can't imagine HOW I forgot him. He's extremely smart, a doctor as a matter of fact, cute and funny as well. He tells some of the most unbelievable stories I've ever heard. I've given him a category in life called "Just A__" because these things could never happen to, or be told by, anyone else.

Honorable Mention

These are guys that I haven't had the pleasure of hanging out with, but they're still good folk in cyberland:

1. My chat buddy CJ

He's mad smart, sarcastic, a fellow Sag and has beautiful dreds. How can I not be cool with someone possessing those qualities?

3. My chat buddy K

He's cool and funny. . . even if he did say my pic looked like something out of the 80's. I won't hold it against him. He's fun to talk to and keeps me laughing. Plus he agrees that New Orleans has some of the best food in the world.

Whew! Dishing out compliments...and it didn't hurt a bit.

No comments: